I thought it was about time I revived the old gardening group I started several years ago. Unfortunately, the ‘real life’ group lost focus and (pardon the pun) died on the vine.
I think a VDT gardening group could be more proactive if it is run through FB with the occasional meet-up and round robin garden tours throughout the year.
This time around the group will be less formal and via FB focus on
– sharing ideas, gardening hints and tips
– re-homing plants (how many times have you dug up a plant and wondered what to do with it?)
– cuttings to share ( always have several baby plants to pass on)
– Pests and diseases, remedies etc.
Special interests such as
– cacti and succulents
– growing fruit and veg
– Where can I buy x, y or z?
– cuttings wanted
– share photographs of your garden/plants etc
– share interesting articles you’ve read on line
The list is endless… If you think this group could be of value please share with others.